Comeback Farms: Rejuvenating Soils, Pastures and Profits with Livestock Grazing Management by Greg J
This book by Greg Judy, author of No Risk Ranching, is intended for people who want to learn his methods for earning profits with little risk while using other people's livestock on leased land.
Judy shows how to add sheep, goats and pigs to existing cattle operations, and details fencing and water systems that build on existing infrastructure set up for Management-intensive Grazing. See how High Density Grazing on Judy's own farm as well as those he leases has revitalized hayed-out, scruffy, weedy pastures and turned them back into highly productive grazing lands.
- Multi-species grazing
- Developing parasite-resistant hair sheep flocks
- Developing grass-genetic cattle
- Selecting, training, and caring for livestock guardian cattle
- Calving with High Stock Density Grazing
- High Density Grazing fencing techniques
- Judy's proven, favorite fencing equipment
- Diagrams for High Density Grazing fencing and paddock moves
- And more....
©2008. Paperback. 276 pages.